Meet Dylan, a sweet little french bulldog pup! Today is his birthday and he is almost ready to party, only one important decision remains – does he wear the hat with the pompom or the hat with the party dots? It’s too bad he can’t wear both!
The Party Pup pattern is made in collaboration with the team at Hobium Yarns and all pieces are made in the La Mia Cottony yarn – a very soft DK weight cotton that works great for amigurumi projects. The pup is a detailed toy with new ways of shaping for the muzzle and the toes that I haven’t done before, but you will mostly need basic crochet stitches.
The instructions are written in US crochet terms, with plenty of step-by-step photos to help assemble the toy. When made in 3.5mm hook he will measure about 17cm/6.5in tall (without the hat).
We would love to see your Party Pup, please share your makes with the hashtag #partypup on Instagram!
Crochet Stitches Used:
∙chain stitch (ch)
∙slip stitch (sl st)
∙single crochet (sc)
∙double crochet (dc)
∙invisible single crochet decrease (inv dec)
∙decrease 3 single crochets in 1 (sc3tog)
∙Front Loops Only (FLO)
∙Back Loops Only (BLO)
∙bobble – worked as dc4tog into one stitch
You will need:
- La Mia Cottony Baby Yarn – DK weight, 100% Cotton, 50gr/120m(131yd) Main Colour – Blue P9 – (uses approx. 40gr) ∙Colour 1 – Blue P14 – (uses approx. 20gr) ∙Colour 2 – Beige – (uses approx. 10gr) ∙Colour 3 – Mustard Yellow – (uses approx. 5gr) ∙Colour 4 – Fuchsia – (uses approx. 5gr)
- Small amount of brown embroidery thread for nose.
- 3.5mm hook – 2.5mm hook for tongue
- 10mm black safety eyes
- Darning Needle
- Toy Stuffing
- Wire Brush if making pompom
- Embroidery needle if embroidering dots on hat
To download the pattern click HERE.