Hi! Brenna from BrennaAnnHandmade here, and I’m here to show you how to make a super cute, Tasseled Bookmark for February’s first FREE DIY tutorial! 🙂
Are you ready to get started? Great, let’s go! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 ball of La Mia Merino 100% wool yarn
A black marker
A small piece of cardboard 3 & 3/4″ wide
A pair of scissors
A hole puncher
A piece of thick kraft paper, 8 & 1/2″ wide
(To make the bookmark)
1. First, cut a 3″ strip from your piece of 8 & 1/2″ wide, thick kraft paper.
2. Next, punch a hole 1/2″ down, on one of the short ends of the bookmark. (This is where you will eventually tie on a yarn tassel.)
(To make the yarn tassel)
1. Take your 3 & 3/4″ piece of cardboard, and wrap the yarn around it 25 times.
2. Cut the yarn, and tie a second, 6″ piece of yarn to the top of the yarn bundle as pictured.
3. Now, cut all of the yarn at the bottom of the yarn bundle as pictured.
4. Take 1 more piece of yarn, (6″ long) and tie it 1″ down from the top of the tassel.
5. Cut all of the yarn at the bottom of the tassel evenly, and attach to the hole at the top of the bookmark.
1. Use your black marker to write on & decorate the bookmark. (I chose the word “Love” with a small heart.)
Ta Da! Your new bookmark is now complete! Enjoy! 🙂
Brenna Ann is the designer and maker behind BrennaAnnHandmade. She crochets & knits cozy pieces of knitwear and accessories at her handmade shop on Etsy. She also has a blog, YouTube channel, and shares daily behind-the-scenes photos of her handmade life on Instagram @BrennaAnnHandmade.