Hello, and Happy New Year everybody! Brenna from BrennaAnnHandmade here, and I’m so excited to share the 1st in a series of fun DIY projects, made in collaboration with HobiumYarns for 2018! 🙂
Since Winter just started, I thought it would be super fun to start with this cute DIY Yarn “Snowball” Pom Pom Garland Pattern! Are you ready to get started? Great, let’s go! 😉
2 balls of Gazzal Rock’N’Roll yarn in “Cream”
(Make 11 “snowball” pom poms total)
1. Wrap yarn 80 times tightly around 3-4 fingers (depending on how large you’d like your pom poms to be) as pictured.
2. Take the yarn off your fingers, still keeping the yarn in a circle.
3. Then, cut a piece of yarn 12″ long & tie it in a very tight knot around the center of the yarn bundle as pictured.
4. Hold the yarn bundle by the 12″ piece of yarn that you just tied onto the pom pom, and with the scissors, cut all of the loops on the yarn bundle. (Do not cut the yarn strings you are holding onto!)
5. Finally, (while still holding onto the 2 long pieces of yarn – do NOT cut!) trim around the entire yarn bundle evenly to create a full & fluffy pom pom.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 again, and create 10 more pom poms (11 total)
Assembling & Finishing:
1. Cut a 9′ (foot) piece of yarn.
2. Using the 2 long pieces of yarn still attached to each pom pom, tie a pom pom to the 9′ yarn, (trimming the long pieces short after knotting) – 1 every 8″ to create garland.
All finished! 🙂
Brenna Ann is the designer and maker behind BrennaAnnHandmade. She crochets & knits cozy pieces of knitwear and accessories at her handmade shop on Etsy. She also has a blog, YouTube channel, and shares daily behind-the-scenes photos at her handmade life on Instagram @BrennaAnnHandmade.