There’s no trick to making this fun Granny Square Tote for all of your Halloween treats! Simply follow these simple steps to whip up this project in just a few days’ time. Our crocheted tote uses four colors of Gazzal Baby Cotton to create a colorful bag that pairs the iconic colors of candy corn with traditional Halloween black. If you are new to crocheting Granny Squares, click here for an easy-to-follow tutorial.
- 2 skeins of Gazzal Baby Cotton in 3433 Black (you may wish to purchase a third skein, should you want to modify this design for a larger bag)
- 1 skein of Gazzal Baby Cotton in 3419 Orange
- 1 skein of Gazzal Baby Cotton in 3416 Orange
- 1 skein of Gazzal Baby Cotton in 3432 White
- 1 Tulip US E/3.5mm crochet hook
- Prym Wool Tapestry Needles
- Kartopu Fancy Hobby Scissors and Tape Measure with Magnet
- Black Sewing Thread
- Kartopu Sewing Needle
- 1 pair Knit Pro Faux Leather Purse Handles – Orange
To Make Bag:
First, you will need to make a total of 8 six-round granny squares, measuring 6×6 inches using all 4 colors like so:
Rounds 1-2: white
Rounds 3-4: orange
Rounds 5: yellow
Rounds 6: black
Next, make 12 three-round granny squares, measuring 3×3 inches using black yarn only like so:
Round 1-3: black
Tip: weave in all ends except black yarn tails on edging, which can be used to seam.
Lay out squares like so:
Begin by seaming black 3×3 squares into a long strip with darning needle.
Seam four 6×6 squares together for both front and back.
Now, attach one set of four-color 6×6 squares to middle 4 squares of black strip.
Seam up both sides like so:
Repeat to attached second set of 6×6 squares. Weave in any ends that remain.
With crochet hook, rejoin black yarn and work a repeat of *three double crochet, chain 1, repeat from * for two rounds around top of bag.
With sewing needle and thread, attach purse handles.
You may wish to line finished bag with fabric or felt, or you can use your bag as-is to tote around your essentials. Enjoy!
Like this tutorial? Pin it to Pinterest!